The first meeting of the Advisory Neighborhood Commission 6E will be tonight at Northwest One Library, 155 L Street, NW at 6:30 p.m. Agenda is below.
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Election of Officers
- Approval of Agenda
- PSA Reports: Metropolitan Police Department
- Terroir, 1015 7th Street, NW: Request for Support for Retailer’s Class C Restaurant ABC License (Terroir, LLC)
- Terroir, 1015 7th Street, NW: Request for Support for Public Space Permit for Outdoor Café (Terroir, LLC)
- Golden Rule Plaza West, 1035 4th Street, NW and 307 K Street, NW: Request for Support for Public Space Permit for Curb Cut (Mission First Housing)
- WMATA: Presentation on Bus Service Changes Implemented in ANC 6E06-07 and Discussion of Community Concerns
- DC Water: Presentation on 12/14 Water Emergency Affecting ANC 6E01-02 and Discussion of Community Concerns
- 1200 Block of 6th St, NW, West Side: Presentation of Comments on Sunday Diagonal Parking by United House of Prayer for All People
- Other New Business
- Old Business
- Approval of 2015 ANC 6E Meeting Locations
- Approval of 2015 ANC 6E Budget
- Approval of 2015 ANC 6E Security Fund Participation
- Approval of 2015 ANC Committee Chair Assignments
- Approval of Minutes of 11/06/14 Meeting
- Approval of Treasurer’s Report
- Approval of Expenses
- Next Meeting: 02/03/15, Watha T. Daniel/Shaw Library, 1630 7th Street, NW
Santa will be checking lists twice tomorrow, December 11th, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. on the plaza at 5th and K Streets NW.
Get your picture with Santa and then take advantage of the free hot cocoa bar, holiday cookies, and fresh popcorn courtesy 5th Street Ace Hardware. Alba Osteria will be providing treats for the dogs.
After photos with Santa, warm up at Le Pain Quotidien at 433 Mass Ave with hot beverages, free Belgian chocolate, and more holiday treats from 6:30 – 8:00 PM. The MVT CID will be supporting Central Union Mission, DC’s Operation Christmas Miracle by collecting unwrapped new gifts and gift cards at the Santa Celebration.
The Mount Vernon Triangle CID has released the results of their 2014 perception survey. Over 400 people living, working and simply interested in this neighborhood responded. View the results here. Of note, the respondents mostly gave high marks for community cleanliness but were divided on the sense of community. Respondents expressed an overwhelming desire for more green space and want to see the farmer’s market return in the spring.
This survey is an important annual tool to measure community satisfaction with keeping our community clean, safe and fun. Thanks to everyone for giving your feedback. It helps our MVT CID work better, smarter and more responsively.
The Mount Vernon Triangle Community Improvement District is once again fielding their annual perception survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TGNXYYK). The MVT CID uses this info to shape their goals, plan events and work with economic development leaders. Past results have been aggregated and shared in publicly available presentations.
If you live or work in the Mount Vernon Triangle please share your thoughts and participate in the survey by Friday October 31st.
Last weekend the Mount Vernon Triangle CID organized a great event called Color the K to beautify construction fencing outside The Cloakroom with art. Browse the pictures below to see the murals the talented Rose Jaffe (@rose_inks) and team created for the site.