Union Station Intermodal meeting
Earlier this week Ward 6 had a Community Meeting on the Union Station Intermodal Transportation Center Feasibility Study. Union Station and the surrounding area has many exciting projects on the horizon. These include being a hub for the H Street NE Streetcar, a potential move of the Greyhound station to Union Station, a possible Blue Line reroute, and a 3.0 million square foot mixed-use development concept to be built above the existing rail yard called Burnham Place.
The study itself focuses on:
- Baseline Transportation Improvement Studies
- New Rail Passenger Concourse
- Upgraded Amtrak passenger concourse
- Improved Emergency Access & Egress
- Improvements to the Existing Rail Concourse
- Tour Bus & Commuter Parking Accommodations
- Streetcar Integration
- Pedestrian Tunnel from Union Station to 1st Street, NE
- New Metrorail Entrance from the H Street Bridge
- Baseline Environmental Requirements Study
David Alpert of GreaterGreaterWashington attended the meeting and posted a recap on his blog. If this topic interests you I recommend visiting his site with frequency as he covers DC Mass transit issues in a very detailed and comprehensive manner.
Be the first to like.