A new voice in the Triangle
[Ed note: Please welcome our newest contributor Kimberly. She will be posting under the name KimFromtheK]
Long Time Reader, Occasional Commenter, and First Time Blogger Kim here. I live in The K at City Vista
(hence the name KimFromTheK
) and have been in the neighborhood since the summer of 2005 (renting at 400 Mass
before we closed on our condo last fall). I moved to DC in 2004 and really enjoy living and working in the downtown area. My friends consider me to be a foodie as I’m always interested in the newest restaurants and trying new cuisines, so I’m guessing that my posts will lean towards food-related topics but hopefully I’ll expand my horizons as well.
I hope to share a new perspective on life in Mount Vernon Triangle with you, loyal readers.
To kick it off, I thought I’d share with you the top things I love about living in Mount Vernon Triangle:
- Meeting my neighbors–old and new–who are excited about living here
- I walk to work
- Penn Quarter Farmer’s Market on Thursday afternoons
- All of the new development and retail slated for the near future
- Having a supermarket in my building after living in DC for 4 years and needing to drive to get groceries
- Being greeted by name at my favorite sushi place (Momiji) since I’m there about once a week
- Accessibility to public transportation via the circulator and 3 metro lines (plus 2 more if I’m willing to walk a bit further) when I want, but also easy access to 395 and NY Ave
- My new favorite cheap eat restaurant, Taylor Gourmet, is coming to my building very soon!
Despite all the great things about the neighborhood there are a few things I think we’re lacking (namely, a quality nail salon!) but I’m curious what everyone else enjoys about living here. Please share in the comments–maybe I’ll discover something new to explore.
Be the first to like.