February News Items
Here are a few links to newsworthy items on other blogs that relate to the neighborhood.
- Prince of Petworth spotted a liquor license application at Mass Court for a new restaurant called The Carving Room. This will replace the void left when Caldo pulled out a few months back.
- The Washington Business Journal recaps estimated timeframes for various DC development projects. The article puts the 5th & I project groundbreaking at Q3 2014. Not only has Donohoe scaled back the project to just hotel and retail they can’t initiate groundbreaking sooner than late 2014? The economy did tank right as the parcel was awarded in 2008 but to take six years to begin is ridiculous.
- The Ruined Capitol shares an image from 3rd & K Streets NW circa 1890.
- Capital Cooking reviews menu changes at Buddha Bar.
Finally, if you’d like to vote for Mount Vernon Triangle as the “Best Up and Coming Neighborhood” in the Washington City Paper “Best Of Poll” you may do so via the following:
- Visit this link http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/bestofpoll/
- Click under People & Places then click on “24 more” to get menu display all the categories
- Locate the box where it says “Best Up and Coming Neighborhood” enter “Mount Vernon Triangle”.
5 people like this post.