Happy Valentine’s Weekend everyone! Whether you are blissfully in love, or actively boycotting the holiday this year, there are plenty of events going on in the District this weekend.
- The DC Jazz Loft Bebop Edition will be at the Red Door this Sunday night. The event is free (donations are encouraged), and it’s BYOB, so definitely stop by Safeway before heading over! (Facebook)
- Still haven’t fulfilled that New Years Resolution to start treating your body right? Well Saturday may be your chance to shape up! The Science of Spirituality is hosting an Intro to “The Power of Meditation” at the Hampton Inn in Chinatown. (Free in DC)
- Tonight is the annual Whoopie Pie Contest at Zola Kitchen! The event is free, and in addition to a massive amount of whoopie pies, there will also be a wine tasting and raffle. (Washingtonian)
- Single this Valentines Day? Againn is hosting an Anti-Valentines Day Dinner on Monday night. They will be showing The Break-Up and So I Married an Axe Murderer, and serving black pudding, Scottish salmon and spotted dick. Sounds romantic, doesn’t it? (Againn)
- Saturday is the 12th Annual Washington DC International Wine & Food Festival at the Ronald Reagan Building. Over 100 different wines are featured, as well as celebrity chef demos, and lots of food samples! (Wine & Food)
- The Fourth Annual Our City Film Festival is on Saturday and Sunday at the Goethe Institute. All films that are shown showcase life in DC. (Yachad DC)
- All weekend you can head to the Museum of Crime and Punishment for a Crimes of Passion event. Couples are bound together upon entry, and led through the museum by guides detailing some of the most gruesome love stories throughout DC and beyond. And the handcuffs are yours to keep! (Museum Site)
Worth the Metro Fare:
- Adams Morgan: Tonight is the 3rd Annual “Woo at the Zoo.” Not only will you learn about the sexual behavior of animals, you can drink champagne while doing so! Looks like the event is sold out, but you may be able to snag some tickets from Craigslist. (National Zoo)
- Capitol Hill: Saturday is the Annual Cupid’s Undie Run! The event begins at Noon at the Pour House (where you can get all liquored up before stripping down). All the proceeds from the event will benefit The Children’s Tumor Foundation. (Cupid’s Undie Run)
- Georgetown: Bourbon Steak is hosting a Winter Wonderland Party on Sunday. The outdoor patio will contain firepits, and several different winter-themed drinks will be available (spiked hot chocolate anyone?) (Bourbon Steak)
- Downtown: The American Red Cross is hosting a Pre-Oscar Night Scavenger Hunt on Sunday, from 2 – 5 PM. Clues will lead contestants to various locations across DC where famous film scenes have been shot. (American Red Cross)
And for more ideas for Valentines Day plans, check out this list compiled by CityStream.
Have a happy weekend!
1 person likes this post.