Happy Friday everyone! It looks like we might have another snow-filled weekend ahead of us! Here is what is going on in the neighborhood and surrounding areas.
- Feeling a little nostalgic for last year’s Snowmeggadon? Check out Ernesto Santalla’s Symmetries Exhibit at The Longview Gallery (Longview Gallery)
- Mandu is open for business! Did anyone else attend the soft opening last weekend? (Mandu)
- Happy Chinese New Year! Ping Pong Dim Sum has added some new items to the menu to celebrate the year of the Rabbit. (Citystream)
- On Monday night, head over to Birch and Barley for their Beer Belly dinner – guests can enjoy a 5 course menu of the best bellies out there (from fish to lamb). Dinner is $76/person, which includes beer pairings. (Birch&Barley)
- The 2011 Washington Auto Show begins a 10 day run at the Convention Center from January 28th to February 6th. The event features the latest in automobiles and celebrity appearances from Chris Cooley, Snooki and D.C. United players (Washington Auto Show).
Worth the Metro Fare:
- H Street: Church and State, the new upstairs addition to the intimate Brooklyn-style bar FruitBat, is officially open. If you haven’t yet checked out Fruit Bat downstairs, I highly recommend it – they make amazing cocktails and it’s a cozy atmosphere for Happy Hour. (hstreetgreatstreetl)
- H Street: This Friday and Saturday night is the DC Shorts Film Festival at the Atlas Performing Arts Center. Neighboring bars are also offering specials to any customers with a festival pass. (DC Shorts)
- Foggy Bottom: If you are a true animal lover, you might want to check out the 10th Annual Sugar & Champagne Affair on Tuesday night at the Ritz Carlton. All ticket sales benefit the Washington Human Society. And what’s better than champagne and cupcakes?? Oh, your dog is also invited. (Washington Humane Society)
- Dupont Circle: This Saturday night, celebrate all things 80’s at the O Street Mansion in Dupont. There’s even a Pepsi Challenge and Thriller Dance Lesson! $45/person (Thingstododc)
- Foggy Bottom: On Saturday afternoon the Kennedy Center will be hosting a film and panel on the “Kennedy Legacy.” With all of the controversy surrounding the cancelled Showtime series “The Kennedys,” this might be a good alternative option. (freeindc)
- Eastern Market: This Saturday in Eastern Market North Hall, the Surfrider Foundation will be hosting Beers for Boarders II. Free wine and beer will be provided, as well as surf-themed movies and video games. (Facebook)
- All over: It’s MEAT WEEK! I honestly didn’t even know such a thing existed….but hey, why not celebrate it? (MEAT WEEK!)
In other news,
Looks like we are getting a new lounge in the neighborhood! (Mood Lounge)
Have a happy weekend everyone!
1 person likes this post.