Happy New Year! I’ll be blogging for MVT each Friday morning, keeping you up-to-date on what is happening within the Triangle all weekend, as well as any fun events in the rest of DC.
[Editor's note: Please welcome Blagden Blogger as a new contributor to the Triangle].
As it is the first weekend after the New Year, things are still a little dead in the District. But there are a few things worth checking out if you feel like venturing outside of your apartment…..
- HIDE/SEEK Exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery — running through February 13th. If you have not been yet, you still have time! It’s an interesting collection exploring sexual roles in American portraits. (site)
- An Elvis-themed birthday party on Saturday night at the Warehouse – Fight Club meets Burlesque. (Out of This World Party)
- Busboys and Poets (5th and K) will be showing the film “Lunchline” on Sunday night at 8 PM. (Trailer!)
- The Passenger (1021 7th Street NW) had rotated bangers and mash off their menu, but after its mention in DCist best dishes of 2010, they’re bringing it back for the next two weeks! (DCist)
Worth the Metro Fare:
- Arlington: The newly opened District Taco is holding a Taco eating contest Monday night at their Arlington shop – it’s too late to enter, but not too late to witness the madness. (The Feast)
- H Street: Smith Commons is FINALLY open! Check out their 25% off promotion all weekend. (Smith Commons)
- Capitol Hill: Union Pub (201 Massachusetts Avenue NE) is hosting a Chili Cookoff on Saturday – proceeds benefit DTC. (Greglist)
- Dupont: Just in case you needed yet another yogurt option…. Yola opened in Dupont Circle this past week. (Yogurt! Yogurt! Yogurt!)
- Woodley Park: Hot N Juicy Crawfish restaurant opens this weekend, and they are giving away a free pound of shrimp between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m on Friday and Saturday. (Hot and Juicy Crawfish)
- Foggy Bottom: Bayou (2519 Pennsylvania Ave. NW), a new New Orleans style eatery with live music and Cajun themes, opened this past week. (Bayou)
And just a reminder, Restaurant Week is January 17th – 23rd….if you have not yet done so, definitely make your reservations now! (DC Foodies)
Have a happy weekend!
2 people like this post.