Last night’s community walk was well attended by stakeholders in the community and MPD. By my rough census the following were in attendance:
- Councilmember Tommy Wells
- Two of Wells staffers including Charles Allen
- MVTCID Executive director Bill McLeod
- ANC commisioners Keith Silver, Mark Dixon, and Tom Hamilton
- Bob Holland (from The Arts at 5th and I)
- Tony Cheng
- Frank from Subway Liquors II
- Several MPD officers
- Residents from 555 Mass who attended last year’s walk
- New residents to the neighborhood from City Vista and other buildings.
Many issues were discussed. I cannot give a comprehensive recap because I was in my own side conversations throughout the walk. But I can say that the prostitution of course was discussed, the ongoing blockage of the Mass Ave sidewalk in front of DuMont and Ledos, and squatters at the old Madrigal Lofts sales trailer. Charles Allen wrote a recap on Tommy’s blog and asks for residents to chime in with other issues in their comments section.