First impressions of the City Vista Safeway
First impression of the new Safeway: Outstanding
Check out the Flickr set, read the Yelp Reviews, PQLiving’s writeup, and, most of all SHOP, as the promotional sales are amazing right now.
I’m a little too burnt out to write a master piece review right now. So I’ll just run off some facts on the Safeway.
- Largest Produce area in the Safeway’s eastern division including exotic fruit.
- Will receive new fresh deliveries 7 days a week
- Store has a full-service scratch bakery. You can special order breads shaped like crabs and gators. =)
- Two aisles of wine and a full-time wine steward
- Safeway’s first full-service nut bar
- Prepared foods including hot foods, sushi, olive bar, soup, etc..
- Meat department will marinate your meat upon request – free of charge
- 6 Self Check out stations
- Floral department with balloon station
- Starbucks and Bergmann’s cleaners
- Special shopping carts for parents with kids that are equipped with videos
- Standard shopping carts have wheels that lock if you try to remove them from premises
- Coinmaster (also Lotto eventually)
- Management has an extensive secret shopper program to evaluate employees.
- Access to underground parking via escalator and elevators
- Store hours will be 5AM to Midnight
- Store will employ 150 almost exclusively from Zipcode 20001 and adjacent ZIPs
Be the first to like.