Joe Biden: Amtrak commuter
The Daily Kos points recent Democratic ticket Joe Biden’s history of support for Amtrak.
- Commutes to work each day from Wilmington,DE to DC on Amtrak
- Original co-sponsor of the Amtrak Reauthorization Bill (National Defense Rail Act), S.104, introduced on January 7, 2003
- Amtrak president George Warrington presented Biden with a “Champion of the Rails” award in June 2001
- The American Passenger Rail Coalition (APRC), a national association of railroad equipment suppliers and rail businesses, presented him its “Rail Leadership Award” in March 2002.
- Son Hunter Biden is on the Amtrak board.
I don’t want to create a political debate free for all. Simply wanted to point out that the Obama/Biden ticket is mass transit friendly. The Triangle has very close proximity to both Union Station and downtown proper which will continue to be *THE* hub of metro and most future transit projects such as possible light rail or streetcars.
UPDATE (8/28/2008 8:40pm): Added the photo from Treehugger.
Be the first to like.