As 2014 comes to a close, it is a great time to review and reflect on the dynamic progress that has occurred in the neighborhood.
January – New restaurants open in the neighborhood!
- Silo Restaurant opens in the former Fun Fair location on the 900 block of 5th St. NW.
- Alba Osteria hosted their first Neighborhood Welcome event at their new location at 4th and Eye NW.
- Flight Wine Bar opened near 6th and H St. NW.
- QWest Nails opens near 5th and K St NW.
- Buddha Bar closed after two years at 5th and Mass NW.
- 123 unit mixed use development announced at 4th and L St. NW.
- Sales started for condos under construction at 460NYA.
- Capitol Crossing utility work begins at the Third Street Tunnel.
- Eye Street Cellars opened at 425 Eye St. NW.
- The Cloakroom at 5th and K St NW collapsed.
- Boston Properties and Steuart Investment announced plans to develop a mixed use office building on the Marc Parc on K St NW between 5th and 6th St. NW.
- Peebles Corporation and Walker Group won the bid to develop the 5th and Eye parking lot into a Standard Hotel and branded residences.
- American Association of Medical Colleges moves into their building at 6th and K St NW.
- Texas de Brazil signed lease for restaurant at former Buddha Bar location.
- FreshFarm Markets began weekly farmer’s market at 5th and K.
- Second I-395 Air Rights development contemplated by city.
- Triangle selected as location for Playable Art DC installation.
- Museum Square offer of sale for $250 million.
- Mount Vernon Place parcels on 3rd St NW acquired by The Wilkes Company and Quadrangle Development from the District.
- Penn Commons opened at 700 Sixth St. NW.
- Eric Ziebold announces plans for a restaurant at 1015 7th St. NW.
- Alba Osteria owner signed lease at 450 K St NW to open a French restaurant called L’Hommage Bistro Francais.
- Kushi closes permanently.
- Baked and Wired signs lease at the Lyric 440K.
- Tel’Veh becomes Rudy’s Mediterranean Grill for a minute.
- Fourth and Eye hands the reins of the MVTriangle Blog to Thais.
- MVT CID’s Fall Fun Day at 5th and K St NW bigger than ever.
- City Center Dog Park opened.
- Alba Osteria owner announced plans to open a Turkish restaurant on Eye Street NW.
- BicycleSpace announced return to the Triangle at Lyric 440K.