RYSE Signage

Reader Shipsa01 sent us a picture (below) of the signage that has been affixed to the windows at for RYSE. This new bakeshop/cafe from restaurateur Michael Landrum will be opening in the former T-Mobile spot on 5th Street at City Vista.

A little further down the block construction (aka Burritofication) on Chipotle appears to be making rapid progress and rumors suggest they may open in several weeks.

It’s more difficult to sense the progress on Vida Fitness and Rays Hellburger on the K Street side of City Vista. But the most dramatic change needed to accomodate Ray’s has already been made. The old Results Gym staircase has been reconfigured so that the deadspace on the groundlevel can be transferred to the retail bay Ray’s will occupy.

Comments

sharon says

Is it actually a Ray’s Hellburger that’s moving in or a different concept by the owners of Ray’s Hellburger?

I work in Rosslyn near the original Hellburger and Ray’s The Steaks. So I’ve seen that Landrum moves at his own pace and occasionally calls audibles. But the last we heard was that he planned a Hellburger for City Vista (Eden’s & Avant Site Map)

M Street says

I noticed the Ryse sign this morning…very exciting. I also peeked into the Chipotle as I walked by and noticed that the menu board is up, but the place still looks like it has a ways to go before it’s ready to open. It’s also quite a small space…wonder if they will put tables on the sidewalk?

kcr211 says

For what it’s worth, a bartender at Mandu told me that the Ray’s would be a Hellburger during the day and a Steaks at night. This seems dubious to me, but, hey, just reporting what I heard.

555 Resident says

It looks like Vida won’t open until Winter 2012 according to a message on its Facebook page.

dan maceda says

from Vida
    Our CityVista location won’t be open until February 2012. I can definitely assist you with membership here at the Renaissance location at 9th and K Street in the meantime and when that location opens, we can move your membership there.

Let me know how I can assist you!

Thank you very much!

Richie Poe
    Assistant General Manager
    VIDA Fitness @ Renaissance
    3rd Floor, Renaissance Hotel 999 9th St NW at I Street
    202.742.1940

Adam K says

February 2012? Simply amazing how it will take 18 months for one gym to replace another, particularly when perfectly good equipment was already there.

Bruce says

Adam K: If their other locations are any indication, Vida needs to rewire the place to blast the same eight songs over the loudspeakers on an endless loop.

And maybe they’ll stick one of those infinity pools in there.

Tony says

Um… banks aren’t exactly throwing loads of loan money at people these days. I’m sure that has something to do with the 18 month delay. Vida at U Street just opened, so would you really expect 2 locations of the same gym chain to open simultaneously or within a short time-frame? I’m sure Vida’s priority has been to get U Street opened. Everything else is probably back burner.

dan maceda says

What amazes me is that they are able to pay rent on a property and keep it vacant just to avoid the competition that is assuming they are paying rent . I wonder do they pay Community Improvement District taxes on the property while it’s vacant.As a City Vista Owner I wonder do they pay REA fees for the upkeep of the common areas under the REA Board?

Peter says

I am so confused – I have seen postings in the building regarding VIDA opening with special rates to residents at CVista…can anyone clarify this? One posting said November and another said it was years away! Also when is Chipolte opening – I read it was going to be Sept 12?