I attended Tuesday night’s ANC 6C ABL meeting to hear more about the TEL’VEH wine bar coming to 401 Mass. As we mentioned yesterday, the proposed business is affiliated with the ownership of Agora on 17th Street NW in Dupont Circle.
- Concept is upscale wine bar with by the glass prices of $9 and up
- Wine list will be similar in quality to Agora wine list but more expansive and strategically selected to pair with menu items.
- Will have a full bar and an international beer selection. Will host wine and beer tastings.
- Agora Executive Chef Ghasan Jarrouj will design the menu
- Tel’veh will focus on sandwiches, salads, cheese and charcuterie as the retail space does not have appropriate level of venting for the grilled meats you’ll find at Agora
- Tel’veh will be open for breakfast offering items such as muffins, scones, and Simits (turkish bagels)
- Decor will aim for cozy european feel. Will offer a variety of seating including bar, sofas and tables
- Tel’veh is not seeking an entertainment endorsement.
- The lease Tel’veh signed with 401 Mass mandates that the outdoor patio seating close at 11pm. So the 2AM/3AM patio hours on the liquor license application should not be a concern.