Happy Friday everyone! Luckily we have managed to avoid a major snowstorm yet again, so what kind of trouble can we get in to this long holiday weekend?
- Thank you for the tip from one of our readers! It looks like the Convention Center is hosting their Annual Motorcycle Show this weekend. (Motorcycle Show)
- The Opening Reception for Touchstone Gallery at 901 New York Avenue is tonight (Friday) between 6-8:30PM. Wine tasting and live music will accompany the current OFF-KILTER exhibit. (press release)
- Also at the Convention Center is NBC4’s 18th Annual Health and Fitness Expo Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The expo features seminars, demonstrations, and nearly 200 exhibitors. (Health And Fitness Expo)
- CityVista will be hosting FREE Yoga sessions every Tuesday night, 7-9 PM, through February 13th. These classes are hosted by the Science of Spirituality, Washington DC (Free in DC)
- The Museum of Censored Art opened this week, outside of the National Portrait Gallery. Yes, the “Museum” is actually a trailer, where you can catch the controversial film “A Fire in my Belly” and learn about its censored creator, David Wojnarowicz. (DCist)
- H Street: The Argonaut has officially reopened, with some pretty cool new additions, including a bar built like the bow of a ship, and a new wood trim, salvaged from the original flooring. (Argonaut)
- H Street: Once again, H Street is hosting their own version of Restaurant Week, H Street Eats, from January 17th – 23rd. All deals are for $20.11. (H Street Great Street)
- H Street: Head over to the Atlas for the political satire “The Sound of Palin.” (Atlas Arts)
- H Street: Grab my Junk will be taking place on Saturday night….yeah, I got nothing. Check out the site for details! (Frozen Tropics)
- Adams Morgan: Russell Simmons will be at Stroga this Friday for a signing of his new book ‘Super Rich: A Guide to Having It All’. (Prince of Petworth)
- U Street: Project 4 Gallery at 1353 U Street is hosting a fundraiser this Saturday with Benevolent, Inc., to benefit DC Central Kitchen: “A Black and White Affair: A Tribute to MLK.” (Borderstan)
- U Street: On Sunday night, there is a Prince vs. Prince Dance Party at the Black Cat. “Celebrate the 10th anniversary of the famous Prince dance parties with a night dedicated to His Royal Badness.” (Washington Post)
- Dupont Circle: The Philips Collection is offering free admission all weekend in celebration of their 90th birthday! Birthday cake and champagne will also be available. (DCist)
Have a happy MLK weekend! Remember that Monday is a National Day of Service, not just a day off!