The Results Gym at City Vista will close on September 1st.
[UPDATED 6:30AM 8/24/2010] This news has been confirmed. The following response was sent by Results to a Madrigal Lofts resident.
We feel you deserve an explanation. Here are the primary reasons.
- Roughly half the members needed to sustain the monthly expenses.
- Unanticipated $18,000 monthly tax bill on top of the $60,000 monthly rent
- Lack of street traffic, 2 years of vacant retail/restaurant spaces on our side of the building
- Four major floods from the apartments above
- The delay of projected Mt. Vernon development, delayed opening and lagging sales of condos and apartments in the City Vista neighborhood.
Sommer Mathis has a few words from Results Director of Operations Brian Moody on the closure.