*** Below is from the MVSNA blog ***
June CCCA joint public meeting with the Mt Vernon Square Neighborhood Association
7pm, Tuesday, June 29, 2010
This will be a joint CCCA/MVSNA public meeting at
The Mount Vernon Place United Methodist Church
900 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001 | MVPUMC.org
Council Chairman and Mayor Candidate Vince Gray was unable to attend the last MVSNA meeting due to illness, but, as promised, he will be participating in a joint forum sponsored by the Convention Center Communication Association and MVSNA this Tuesday. The information is below. CCCA President Martin Moulton and Cary Silverman will moderate the forum. This is a chance to ask your questions related to his positions on crime legislation, vacant property, earmarks, and his general vision for the city. We hope you will join us for an interesting and important dialogue.
- There will be a few minutes a the top of the meeting for public announcements.
- DC Council Chairman Vincent Gray will address District-wide issues, discuss his campaign to become the next Mayor of the District of Columbia and address local citizen’s concerns.
- Peaceoholics Executive Director Maia Shanklin Roberts. Ms Roberts will join us again after or May meeting and address why the Peaceoholics deserve to be treated almost as if they were an official DC government agency — with 96% of their current annual budget coming from the government (tax payer dollars) and after budget increases from the DC Council of around 200% for three of the past six years. Chairman Gray will discuss the Council’s rationale for budget increases to the organization and future funding options from the District.
- Dreams for Kids Executive Director Andrew Horn. Mr Horn will discuss opportunities his organization provides young people and families. (703) 475-9322
- Approval February, March, April and May 2010 CCCA meeting minutes Treasurer’s report.
- Old and new business
5th&I Street Parking lot events / CCCA contributions; CCCA Holiday, Heart of DC Picnic, 2010 candidate forums.