Reader Chris Chan sent a heads up that he will be on an episode of HGTV’s My First Place this Thursday at 8pm.
For Chris Chan, buying a home in Chinatown would allow him to stay close to work in Washington D.C. and also stay connected to his heritage in a neighborhood he grew to love as a renter. After a long search in this expensive city and some tough negotiating, he finally gets a good deal on his dream condo. But surprise lending restrictions on new construction bring everything to a halt. For months, the only thing Chris can do is wait and wonder whether he’ll ever get to close on his first place.
Chris hasn’t seen the episode yet but expects it to include footage of the following:
- Chinatown (Generally)
- Chinatown Coffee Company (5th and H)
- 6th Street Flats (6th between H and I)
- Yale Steam Lofts (Mt Vernon Square)
- The Lacey (U Street)
- The Grayson (Mt. Vernon Square)
- China Boy Chinese Restaurant (6th between H and I)
- The Outdoor Public Pool at Harry Thomas Sr Rec Center (Eckington/Edgewood)
- SportRock Climbing Gym (Alexandria, VA)