Restaurant Week is Here!

Summer 2009 Restaurant Week (RW) has arrived! For those who are unaware, RW typically takes place twice a year–in January and August (usually coincides with Congressional Recess) and offers diners a 3 course prix fixe meal–$20.09 for lunch and $35.09 for dinner. Menus, and the value that comes along with them, vary widely. Some restaurants allow diners to choose any 3 course meal with minimal limitations and few up-charges, whereas others provide more limited menu options.

I typically try to check out a few RW favorites. This year I’m going to Charlie Palmer and Siroc for dinners, and Cafe Atlantico and Zola with some coworkers for lunch.

A copious number of restaurants are in walking distance to our neighborhood, with an overabundance in the Gallery Place/Penn Quarter area, including PS7, Rosa Mexicano, Zaytinya, Poste, and Zengo. The full listing of restaurants participating at available Washington.org while the Capital Spice blog has created a Google Maps Mashup.

A neighborhood zoom of the Capital Spice map; click to visit interactive version

There are many other posts out there tauting which restaurants to avoid and which are must-visits (as well as whether to take advantage at all!), so no need to rehash those conversations. Instead here are links to a few of them:

What are you waiting for? Make your RW reservations on Open Table now and bon appetite!

Comments

Five K says

I'm bummed that I'm traveling this week and missing all the great meals I'd otherwise be eating! I will catch a Friday lunch at Siroc though so I'll be interested if you have a good review.

Elizabeth @ Capital Spice says

Thanks for the mention!

We're trying Adour this weekend for the first time. Viva la Restaurant Week.

Food was great at Indebleu tonight. Of their restaurant week menu I got the Salad Bleu, Peruvian Chicken and Chocolate Covered Banana dessert.

@Five K – I believe many restaurants are extending the special pricing until just before Labor Day weekend. Indebleu for instance is offering the deals through Sept 5th.

Tony Young says

I am planning to venture in the opposite direction of where I would normally visit Restaurant Week establishments. I am going to try this new and very nice looking restaurant — Napa 1015 along the H Street, N.E. corridor.

@Tony – that's cool. I've been down to H Street for Taylor Deli and bars (H Street CC, Argonaut, and Palace of Wonders) but have be meaning to check out more of the restaurants. Sticky Rice and Granville Moore's have great reputations.

RobA says

I finally got to try Art and Soul last night and thoroughly enjoyed it and will plan on making a trip back.

Trackbacks