Call to order
Approval of agenda
Approval of April minutes
Treasurer’s report: April report; quarterly report (January-March 2009); 2009 budget; new expenses
Brief community announcements
- Building Museum, Festival of Building Arts – Ellen Jacknain, event October 1
- Proposal to start new CDC for housing – Leona Redman
- City Vista affordable housing, 460 L Street N.W. – Comm. Silver, Lowe’s development team
- Golden Rule Center – Elizabeth Askew, First Mission Development
- D.C. Urban Forestry, mission and how program works -team 3
- ITU Triathlon – Ira Brody, event June 21
- National Police Week, 5K race – Bryan Vorndran, race May 16
- Emmaus Services for the Aging – Christine Lyons
Public Safety report (Comm. Dixon)
- MPD Victim Services – Laverne Hartley
Grants report (Comm. Brown)
- SPNA application for grant, $1,500 for scholarship fund – Comm. Hamilton
Liquor License Committee report (Comm. Phelps)
- Civil penalty proposed rulemaking
- Commendation for ABRA acting director
Transportation Committee report (Citizen co-chairs John Kelly, Joe McCann)
- 226 Massachusetts Avenue NE – Public Space awning application
- 901 First Street NW – J.B. Johnson Nursing Center, add 10 parking spaces, DDOT # 46340
- Fourth Street, K-L NW – request for stricter parking restrictions – Merc Fox
- Parking in public space – brief discussion item
Youth and Education Committee report (Comm. Hamilton)
Zoning and Planning Committee report (Rob Amos)
- Two Rivers Charter School, BZA # 17929 variance for off-street parking, hearing May 19.
- NoMa Vision Plan and Development Strategy, Committee of the Whole, hearing May 21.
- Small Area Plan for the Florida Market – Melissa Bird, OP, deadline, May 18.
- Chinatown BID streetscape and streetlights – brief update.