The natural follow-up to our recap of 2008 is a preview of the year ahead.
The next twelve months will pose many new transformations for the Mount Vernon Triangle. We can speculate on some of the big stories for the year ahead:
News on current space
- Will The DuMont go apartment?
- Monitoring sales at Madrigal Lofts and City Vista
- Buddha Bar to open in late 2009?
- City Vista retail space for lease
- One small retail space still available at 455 Mass
- Space for lease at 400 Mass and Mass Court
- When will Ledos open?
- Will Paramount begin upgrading the CAAB building to Class A office space?
- Yale West construction will continue
- Mount Vernon Place may break ground on an office building
- The Arts at 5th and Eye will continue assemblage and begin permit and zoning processes
- Douglas Development will continue to refine the concept for Squares 450/451
- Will MRP initiate any progress on 6th and K?
- Will Steuart Investment begin to discuss concepts for Squares 483 and N-515?
- How much progress will Dreyfus make on engineering studies to build over I-395?
- The restoration of Fourth Street to two-way traffic
- When will the Mass Ave sidewalks in front of DuMont ~AND~ Ledos reopen?
- Will progress begin at the park at 2nd and Mass?
- Will the planned public art be installed in front of Busboys and Poets?
- Will any improvements begin at the Chinatown park at 5th and Mass?
Quality of Life
- What will happen with Single Serve Moratorium Exemptions?
- Will DDOT finally listen and increase crossing times at 5th and New York?
- Will the homeless problem improve?
- Will the prostitution issues improve?
While all this is happening around us we hope we can continue to grow online community through participation with new blog contributors and readers.