Saturday, September 13
Rain or Shine
11:00am – 5:00pm
Art Market Preview
Friday, September 12
Noon – 7:00pm
Marking its 16th anniversary, Arts on Foot presented by Wines of Argentina is a one-day, multimedia Festival that kicks off the fall arts season in Downtown DC’s Penn Quarter. Incorporating visual art, music, theatre, dance, film, and creative cuisine, it’s an interactive celebration the whole family will enjoy. With a lively outdoor street festival as its centerpiece, Arts on Foot also invites you to explore the neighborhood’s museums, theaters, galleries, cultural organizations, restaurants, and shops. From traditional classics to cutting edge, Arts on Foot offers something for the arts and food lover in everyone!
Centered at 7th and F streets, NW
Metro: Gallery Pl-Chinatown
- Browse the Art Market, offering a diverse, juried selection of local and regional fine artists selling their original works of art
- Eat in the Restaurant Sampling Area, featuring signature dishes and fine cuisine from the hottest restaurants downtown
- Visit the World Market® Wine Area, presenting a variety of international wines for tasting and hear from the experts
- Watch and learn at the O OrganicsTM Cooking as Art tent, where DC’s premier chefs demonstrate their culinary talents
- Immerse yourself in the Cultural Corridors: cool, hands-on arts and crafts and other family-friendly activities
- Sit back and enjoy the Entertainment Stages, featuring a blend of local musicians and eclectic performances
Located throughout the Pennsylvania Quarter
More than 45 neighborhood venues, performing companies, and neighborhood businesses and organizations host free activities and exhibits.
- Attend performances and previews in a wide variety of genres
- Watch film screenings and visit special exhibits
- See art in a new way with gallery tours and talks
- Participate in classes, workshops, and demonstrations
- Discover a new point of view at lectures and author talks
- Go on a guided neighborhood or backstage tour for insider information and unique experiences
- Play and learn with special open house programming at museums and cultural institutions
Arts on Foot presented by Wines of Argentina is an event enthusiastically embraced by the whole community. Be sure to check out all of the participating organizations and businesses offering arts-related programming or fine cuisine all year long!
For a recap of last year’s Arts on Foot visit this posting from PQLiving.