Over the last week we’ve gone in depth in our coverage of Douglas Development’s plans for Square 450 and Square 451. We’ve highlighted progress on assemblage, holdouts, historic considerations, other comparables in Jemal’s portfolio, and press clippings about development possibilities.
With all the information presented let’s make our suggestions for what we’d like to see included in this development. Below are the assumptions we’ll work from for our exercise:
- New construction will be 12 stories
- A boutique hotel, restaurants and retail will be included
- Facades of historic properties must be preserved
- The development of Square 450 will build around Marrakesh
- The Waffle Shop will be relocated to Square 450
- Square 451 will include a entertainment attraction of some kind as it is uniquely positioned that it borders no existing or planned residential development.
I look forward to your suggestions.